WE WORK WITH PEOPLE AND ORGANISATIONS THAT CREATE THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT
The case for diversity has been made: not only in terms of the bottom line but also in relation to productivity, innovation and wellbeing.
However, there continues to be a significant gender imbalance within organisations that create our built environment: especially at senior levels.
The Equilibrium Network helps organisations address this imbalance; our aspiration is not simply to campaign for women but to support the industry in its efforts to be more gender balanced: in the way it works and, by implication, in the work that it does.
We are a network of game changers: people of influence, both female and male, with minds that are open to new initiatives.
Importantly, we are a multi-disciplinary group that includes architects, engineers, landscape architects, contractors, surveyors, policy makers and urbanists, as well as those working in client organisations, academia and institutes.
We are led by a Steering Group of successful women, all working at the highest level within a wide variety of organisations that influence and create the built environment.
We are hugely grateful to our sponsors, without whom we would not be able to deliver our ambitious plans to help the industry through better gender diversity.
To achieve its aims, The Equilibrium Network engages in a number of different ways:
- Cultural commitment
- External relations
- HR and behaviours
- Annual event for Members
- Female speakers for industry events
- Round table discussions
- Occasional debates and lectures
- Strategic advice to Boards and individual Board Members
- Research to explore the relationship between gender diversity, business success and organisational wellbeing.
- Case Studies from across the built environment showing how gender diversity has been delivered at senior level and how this has improved the organisations concerned.
- Access to a wide, influential and multi-disciplinary network
- Access to role models – people and organisations
If you would like to know more, please contact us.