WE WORK WITH PEOPLE AND ORGANISATIONS THAT CREATE THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT
Our purpose is to enable women to have equal influence in the design and delivery of the built environment.
To help us achieve this aim, we have identified five objectives. We will:
- Create an international network open to new initiatives and making change happen.
- Influence the industry to deliver diversity and inclusion, with a particular emphasis on women.
- Promote the needs, preferences and aspirations of women in the design of our built environment.
- Address the attrition rate of women working within the industry.
- Increase the number of women at the top of organisations that create and shape the built environment.
We are an international, multi-disciplinary network including architects, engineers, landscape architects, contractors, surveyors, policy makers and urbanists, as well as those working in client organisations, academia and institutes.
Anyone who supports our aims can say they are part of the network but we hold a database of people who are interested to know more about our activities, who want contribute to our work or share their thoughts and expertise within the network. If you would like to be added to the database, please contact us.
We are led by a Steering Group of successful women, all working at the highest level within a wide variety of organisations that influence and create the built environment.
We are hugely grateful to our sponsors, without whom we would not be able to deliver our ambitious plans to help the industry through better gender diversity.
To achieve our aims, we will: