WE WORK WITH PEOPLE AND ORGANISATIONS THAT CREATE THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT
The first meeting of the nascent Equilibrium Network asked a very simple question:
“Does it matter that women are under-represented at senior level within the organisations that are shaping the built environment?”
Having gathered evidence, from business in general, as well as organisations working in the built environment, three things became apparent:
- Organisations with a gender mix at senior level have a tendency to be more profitable.
- There is a growing awareness across the sector that women do have an important role to play in determining the built environment.
- The vast majority of consultancy organisations working in the built environment are woefully male dominated, particularly at senior level.
The Equilibrium Network was born out of these facts.
We are a network of game changers: people of influence, both female and male, with minds that are open to new initiatives.
Importantly, we are a multi-disciplinary group that includes architects, engineers, landscape architects, contractors, surveyors, policy makers and urbanists, as well as those working in client organisations, academia and institutes.
We are led by a Steering Group of successful women, all working at the highest level within a wide variety of organisations that influence and create the built environment.
We are hugely grateful to our sponsors, without whom we would not be able to deliver our ambitious plans to help the industry through better gender diversity.
To achieve its aims, The Equilibrium Network engages in a number of different ways:
- Cultural commitment
- External relations
- HR and behaviours
- Annual event for Members
- Female speakers for industry events
- Round table discussions
- Occasional debates and lectures
- Strategic advice to Boards and individual Board Members
- Research to explore the relationship between gender diversity, business success and organisational wellbeing.
- Case Studies from across the built environment showing how gender diversity has been delivered at senior level and how this has improved the organisations concerned.
- Access to a wide, influential and multi-disciplinary network
- Access to role models – people and organisations
If you would like to know more, please contact us.